The movie Seven miracles of Poltava   
Tourist Poltava
 

The Birch square

The Birch square was laid out at place of the former Myasnaya square, which appeared in the beginning of XIX century during laying Kuznetskaya street (today Pushkina str.). At first the square was named after M. Belukha-Kokhanovskiy, who was the leader of Poltava nobility in 1826-1829. In 1987 the monument to A.S.Pushkin was erected in the square. The poet bronze bust is placed on the light granite pedestal (the monument by architects N.Kogan and G.Zylberblyk). The square itself also was reconstructed the railing was replaced with new one, light-posts and garden benches in Pushkin epoch style appeared.

Gallery: