The museum of Poltava region Department of Internal Affairs
The museum of Poltava region department of Internal Affairs started its work in 1967 after opening a museum room at the region department of internal affairs. The museum moved to a new hall on 23rd September, 1989. It was a palace of 1890 which is a beautiful landscape of Poltava. In 1992 the museum became the one of National value.
Exposition of the museum is placed in four halls (total area is 237 square yards). Museum funds consist of more than 3’000 exhibits; among them: archive documents, photos, original objects of firearms and cold steel arms, department of internal affairs veterans personals. There are highly artistic dioramas and models.
According to the President act, 22nd August is a Memory Day of Internal Affairs workers who died on-duty.
Not far from the museum — at crossing of Pushkina and Dmytra Koryaka streets — there is the memorial complex «To died defenders of Poltava region law and order».