Monument to N. Sklifosovsky
M. Skliphosovsky is one s of the most prominent Russian surgeons. He is a scientist, a publicman and the man of exceptionally wide and thorough knowledge. He is a doctor which never and nobody refused in a help. He was the professor of the Moscow University clinic, the Surgical Academy in Petersburg, and he was the initiator and the founder of Pirogovskiy conventions of doctors, one of those who put beginning to abdominal surgery, antisepsis and asepsis. His life was connected with Poltava a lot of years. He made the most difficult operations, rescuing lives of many Poltavites in the Province hospital. Every summer since 1871 he had spent in Yakivtsy on his farmstead, and he had lived there constantly since 1900. M.
Skliphosovsky died and was buried in 1904. The monument to the doctor was built on the territory of a regional clinic in 1979 on the 75th anniversary of the day of death. The Regional clinical hospital bears the name of Skliphosovsky. The monument is a granite bust setting on the pedestal. The author is the sculptor M. O. Chernizky. The height of monument is 1,6 meters and the pedestal is 2,4 žeters.