Public utility company of culture «Poltava Region Philharmonic Society»
In Gogol St. in a former choral Synagogue the Poltava Region Philharmonic is situated. It is two-storey stone building, constructed in 1856 in the style of classicism. To the left of it there was synagogue for poor Jewish people and to the right – the branch of Talmud Torah – Jewish public school for children of poor parents. Synagogue operated until 1934 and was closed then. The building was used as a club for a long time.
The region philharmonic society was organized right after liberation of Poltava from fascist invaders in 1943. Artistic groups show the best works of folklore art, folk and modern songs, classic music and dances. Groups, taking part in the philharmonic society of Poltava are: the singing and dancing ensemble «Poltava» (prize-winner of two international folk festivals, grand-prix-winner of the international Italian festival), the instrumental ensemble «Churayvna», the playing and singing ensemble «Krayanu» (Fellow-countrymen), the chamber orchestra and the ensemble bandura players «Vyshyvanka» (Embroidered chemise).
Web-site — http://www.filarmonia-poltava.org.ua/.